Are you ready for this 21 day fix chicken tortilla soup? Losing weight never tasted so great! This is a super simple recipe to itch that roasted chicken and tortilla crave with but in a healthy and clean way! Combining this classic recipe with a soup base gives us my famous Roasted Chicken Tortilla soup. Just have your roasted chicken prepared and follow the directions!
Interested in other ways to lose your belly fat? Click here for a fool proof way to lose 21 pounds of fat in just 21 days!
- 1 whole chicken, roasted
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce can diced green chilies, undrained)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 (6 inch) corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Remove the skin from the roasted chicken and shred the meat. Set aside.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, water, diced tomatoes with their juice, green chilies, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the shredded chicken and bring the soup to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the tortilla strips in batches and cook until crisp, about 2 minutes per batch. Remove to a paper towel lined plate when done.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and top with tortilla strips, sour cream and cilantro.
Leave a Reply