Want to use that new Instant Pot you bought? I’ve got a great chili recipe here for just that! This coconut chicken chili will have you wondering why you didn’t come here earlier. You will never find a better homemade, healthy, and clean coconut chicken chili anywhere else on the internet!
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) white kidney beans (cannellini), rinsed and drained
- 1 can (13.66 oz) full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- In the Instant Pot, select the “Saute” function. Add the chicken breasts and olive oil to the pot and cook until the chicken is browned on all sides, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside on a plate.
- To the same pot, add the onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook until the veggies are softened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes (with their juice), white kidney beans, coconut milk and chicken broth to the pot and stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to sealing. Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. When finished cooking, use the quick release valve to release the pressure.
- Stir in the lime juice and cilantro leaves and taste for seasoning, adding more salt and pepper if necessary. Serve immediately with your favorite toppings (sour cream, cheese, avocado, etc.).