We’re going to have a taste of Greece today with my famous Greek Turkey Bowls. My husband from Greece absolutely loves when I make him these and the best part is these Greek turkey bowls are super healthy and offer clean eating! It offers a lot of flexibility so don’t be scared to switch things out or add or remove things as you need.
And remember, just like Rome, Greece wasn’t built in a day either and neither were these Greek turkey bowls. Experiment as you see fit to find combinations that taste best for you! This is my husband’s favorite combination for his go to Greek turkey bowls.
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess fat and remove from heat. Make sure to season the ground turkey with salt and pepper or your Greek turkey bowls will end up tasting bland!
- Add the onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, and Greek seasoning to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Drizzle with olive oil and cook for 2-3 minutes, until vegetables are slightly softened.
- Serve over cooked brown rice and enjoy!